Monday, April 23, 2007

Black Lines Two


These Door Demons were all drawn on the same page. I separated them out for you. All of these drawings were all done with a Pigma Pen and they were all done for fun. Even though there’s not much of a market for me with this medium I still can’t resist the call of the pen. See my previous post: Black Lines (you'll have to scan down to it). Also, please go and take a look at my newest Gnemo posts: Gnemo's Sketchbook.

This one (above) is my favorite of the Door Demon group. I like that it is loosely organic.

I had to do a close-up of his face.

I often do things in reverse so this little thumbnail was the last thing I drew. My thinking is that once I know what I want I can step back and think about it in more graphic terms. This doesn't explain why in my normal life I often do things in reverse as well.

I keep meaning to post something to Illustration Friday. This would've been one if I didn't get distracted. It's called "Hide."

The above would've been my first post to Drawer Geeks. I think I'm approved but I haven't actually tried to post anything yet. With both art blogs it's easier to do the assignments than it is to post them. It's called "Grrr Face."

5 Comments:

Blogger Konstantin Pogorelov said...

love the hide guy. but I almost wish there was a prop or some accident on him or something like that to focus interest.

6:04 PM  
Blogger Konstantin Pogorelov said...

the door guys seem rackham-esque-ly delightful. Would be funny if the door was transparent like a screen door or one of thos ultra-modern ones with the windows.

6:07 PM  
Blogger andrew said...

thanks for your comments.....i admire your use of colors and painting abilities..great blog

9:52 PM  
Blogger BoneDaddy said...

I actually love seeing that scritchy-style of pen-work. It's a little more spontaneous, and shows off your style in a different way.

2:23 AM  
Blogger tlchang said...

Love pen work! I'm always wishing for more excuses to work in it...

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home